Thursday 17 June 2010

Posterous in the classroom!

During this year and following the departure of another teacher, myself and a colleague, Kenny O'Donnell, were given an S1 ICT class to share between us. Since joining St Ninian's High School, Kenny has been an inspirational exponent of the use of technology in the classroom and a great source of support and advice to me. At times, when I questioned the purpose or the value of technology in teaching and learning, Kenny often gave me examples of other ways to use it and opened up new, innovative opportunities for me and my classes.

A prime example of this was in the use of Posterous as a method of pupils creating a portfolio or record of work which they could then share with their friends and family outside the classroom. Kenny has written a fantastic review of our experiences on his blog and if the use of technology in the classroom is something of interest to you, I recommend you read it.


Please feel free to post any comments.

No comments: